Thursday, December 14, 2006

Something I've Observed About Myself...

As the years go by, I'm less and less motivated to wrap Christmas gifts. Don't get me wrong, I love all the pretty packages, and watching the kiddos unwrap and see the surprise on their faces. And in our family, we have Christmas color themes. This year every thing is decorated in silver and gold, and all the gifts are wrapped in silver and gold. It's absolutely beautiful!! The colors for this year were picked last year so we could buy all our gift wrap on sale after Christmas. We found a TON of silver paper and gold paper at Wally World, and now, as the gifts are being wrapped and put under the tree, it's magical. And my mom, Granny, gets the real ribbon and makes beautiful bows on all the presents. People scoff at our tradition until they see the affect. You'd be amazed. We've had color combos like pink and purple (that was gross), black and gold for the Idaho Vandals, maroon and gold for the 49ers, silver and blue for the Cowboys, black and white (one of the most beautiful), green and white for my senior year in high school, brown and blue (you'd be amazed how pretty that was), white paper with red and white checked gingham ribbon, blue and yellow, red and blue for another senior year for one of my girls, baby blue and white...you name it, we've had it. (Next year is pink and orange...I'm not sure how that's going to turn out, but I have found tree decorations already, and it might not be too bad.)

Anyway, back to my issue. I don't want to wrap anything. I'm not a crafty person, and by my own admission, I'm domestically challenged. The only thing I do well around the house is yard work. I grow beautiful roses and lilacs. But scissors, tape, markers, bows...I'm not good at it. It just seems so tedious. I didn't used to be this bad, but this year I don't want any part of it. Not that it's getting me out of doing it. I've just never been quite this lethargic when it come to wrapping. Is it old age? It's not a decline in the joy of the season, cuz I love it as much as ever!! I need an elf to come sprinkle magic dust on me to make me want to do this so I can get it done. With the number of people in my house, and the number coming for Christmas this year, I've got a lot to wrap. I've got 7 kids right now, and I have 7 extra people coming for Christmas, so there will be 16 people. That's a lot of gifts under our tree that need to be wrapped. I guess I should get off this computer and start wrapping huh?!

Well, that's my observation for today. Remember to give of your heart...donate to my site to give a wonderful Christmas to foster kids!



Maybe the test I just took explains a little about me. Try it!

You Are 15% Left Brained, 85% Right Brained

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

No comments:

You Aren't Forgotten