Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Truth in Posting

How many of you tell the truth about everything you write about in your blog? I admit I hold things back, but haven't outright lied. I should be able to say what I want here, but am afraid my friends or family will find this blog and read something I didn't want them to know or hear from me. It kind of feels constraining sometimes. Right now I have two blogs, and the other is well known by my friends and family. Then one day I developed this one, and I kept it a secret. I don't really know why, I don't have deep dark secrets, or a crazy alter-ego or anything. I guess I just wanted a place of my own. But I still don't say everything here in case someone I know finds it.
I think what I really need is a "real life" friend. Have you ever heard of those? Yeah, I guess there are other real life people out there who are not part of my family who I could be "friends" with and talk to and do things with.
Who am I kidding? Like I have time to add another activity to my life. As if these so-called "real-life" people even exist!!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

never use your blog as a diary, just use it as journal, in a journal you don't need to be so open and have fear from your closer friends or family to read it.

Jenny said...

I totally understand. I only have a couple of really close friends who know about my blog and even though I haven't posted anything too personal yet, at least I know that they already knew about the stuff I was posting. I still keep my "real" diary (my handwritten journal) for the super personal stuff that I would never want on the internet, even posted anonymously...

You Aren't Forgotten