Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Holidays are in Full Swing Now!



Well, we survived Thanksgiving, only to have everyone in the house get sick for the weekend. It started with the baby. (He's almost 2.) He seems to be a carrier, cuz I never got sick as much as I have since he's been with us. He came to me when he was 8 months old. Last winter, I had a flu shot as usual, and I got some kind of stomach virus about 4 times. This year, I've had my flu shot again, and last weekend we all got some kind of stomach virus. Luckily, it was a 24-hour thing, but unfortunately, only one person got it at a time. So first it was him, then my 7 year old, then the 5 year old, then the 3 year old, then me and my mom. We washed more sheets last weekend than we normally wash in a week. (Some had to be washed more than once.) So our usual Christmas decorating fun was kind of hodge-podge. I pulled everything out of the garage Friday. I got the lights all up outside. Saturday evening we set up the tree and the kids decorated it in this year's colors, gold and silver. Most of the boxes were put back in the garage Sunday. My mom's part, the nick-knacks, were about half done yesterday, and a few more boxes put back in the garage. Great fun.

On another topic. I know I just started this blog, but I have to go away for a week. I'm having surgery in two days and will incapacitated for a week. I know you'll miss me. But it's finally time to face the truth, I'll never be able to have children of my own, and there's no use continuing on with the pain I go through each month, so it's all coming out. Thank God for my foster and adopted kiddos! They make facing this a little easier. Wish me luck! See ya later.

Oh, before I forget, go to my other blog "Tale from the Angel Retreat" and donate to the kids. Give it about 40 seconds to load (I can't figure out why it's so slow) and use the "Make a Donation" button. We're collecting gifts for foster kids in our area of Idaho, and your support could go a long way!! Thank you so much!!

No comments:

You Aren't Forgotten