Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My First Post

Well, I decided to try putting up another site. The other one, Tales from the Angel Retreat (visit me at http://arstories.blogspot.com) is mostly just about my life as a foster parent. I think I wanted to try another one where I felt like I could just talk about other things that come to mind. We'll see how this goes.

But this being my first post and all, I thought I'd introduce myself a little more than I did on Tales. My name is Kelly. I live in Idaho, USA. My degree is in education, I work for a university, and I don't teach. However, I do have a bit of expertise in writing, so might spend some time on here once in a while talking about writing. I keep thinking about getting my master's, but tell me, am I the only person out there who is about middle-aged, has a degree, and still doesn't really know what I want to do when I grow up?

Ten years ago my mom had a bad accident, and can no longer work. I was living in New Mexico at the time, and loving it. But she couldn't live alone anymore, and I offered that she come live with me. We actually live together well. After a few years, she really wanted to come home to Idaho, and I conceded. I miss New Mexico A LOT, but I love my mom and family more than the state, so I'm OK being here. What is weird about living with her, though, is that I feel like a child most of the time. I can't seem to get past this. I look at friends of mine who have families and are living like 30 somethings, adults, and I feel like I haven't grown up. This is something I need to fix in my life. And it's all about me, nobody is making me feel this way, I just can't seem to make myself a full-fledged adult when I'm at home with my mom - and I have several children!

So this is me. Next time I'm going to talk about all you scrooges out there, cuz I think you need an attitude adjustment! It's no longer trendy to hate the holiday season!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh cool - i got the first comment spot!!! (well I hope so anyway!) Looking forward to reading here!

PandasJr said...

Memphis,

Thank you for commenting. If I had a prize for first place, you'd get it!!

Infekted said...

Hi, noticed your're just starting this blog. I would recommend you to visit the blog below. A great resource for starting bloggers...


The Simple Blog

You Aren't Forgotten