Wednesday, November 29, 2006

This, That, and the Other

Tomorrow's the day! I've known for a long time now that I will never have my own biological children, but when I went to my pre-op appointment on Monday and was signing all the consents, and the nurse said, now this was says that you know you'll never be able to have children again, it kind of hit a cord. I haven't been outwardly sad about this for years, but I wanted to cry when she said that. I mean, even if I don't have the surgery, I can't have kids; that's been established. But it made me sad all over again to hear someone else say it like this surgery is what will make it impossible to happen. Anyway, boohoo...remember, this surgery is a GOOD thing. No more god-awful cramps, no more vomiting, headaches, no more mess...that's the reason we're doing this!!

Moving on...it's COLD outside! My windows were so frosted I couldn't even scrape them this morning. What a waste of gas to have to have the defroster help me scrape the windows! And we don't even have any snow yet. I mean, all the ski mountains are opening up, but down here it's just dry, bleak, and cold...frozen. I miss living in snow country.

When I was a kid in the Ketchum-Sun Valley area in Idaho, we had TONS of snow. We have this picture of my brother and me inside a tunnel we'd dug from our front porch to the road. The snow was so deep, we could safely slide off our roof into the yard. My brothers would shovel the snow off the roof (to keep it from caving in) so we'd have huge piles of snow in front of the house.

One winter, we couldn't see out the front windows into the street, and I remember looking up at the top of the pile, and our dog, Pepsi (so named so my mom would let us keep him!) was standing up there throwing a frisbee high into the air with his mouth and catching it just to throw it up again. He looked as if he felt he were the king of the mountain. And I guess at the time, he was. What great memories snow has for me!

Well, before I go, I need to plug the Giving Tree. Go to my other blog, "Tales from the Angel Retreat" and use the donation button to give to the Giving Tree, a project to buy gifts for foster children. I'll try to get a donation button on this blog today so you can give here too. All donations to both sites from now until Christmas will go to the tree. Thank you for giving!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Season's Greetings to all!

4 comments:

Phusion said...

I want to tell you this in the best way possible... your site design.. makes my eyeballs bleed. Seriously, gushing blood at an alarming rate. If you want people to come back here, don't douse us in green and red... a default theme would be better than this.

PandasJr said...

phusion,

I conceded a little. I didn't think it was all that bad, but ok. It's as Christmasy as the template will let me make it, and I want Christmasy! Hope it's better than it was.

Pikkel Weezel said...

Kwanzaa??? Your blog lost what little credibility it may have had when you included that fake holiday in your greetings. Please try not to give in to such lame bullshit in the future eh?

D.S. White said...

my, my... u do so to pull some rabidly honest commenters ... hmmm? Just cruising through from Blog Rocket. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Kwanzaa!

You Aren't Forgotten