Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Who Knew?

This morning I wanted to go to the website for the National Foster Parent Association. I'm one of those people who doesn't read directions unless I run into a problem, you know? So when I need to find something online, I usually try typing in likely addresses rather than doing a search. So I typed www.nfpa and then had to decide if it would be an org or a com. I tried org first...seemed logical. And I got the National Fire Protection Association. OK, so I tried com, and this time I got the National Fluid Power Association. Who knew we had a National Fluid Power Association? Makes me wonder if we have regional fluid power associations.

All this made me think about a time when I was working somewhere I don't work now, and we were all sitting around, wasting time, making more money than we were working for, and talking about the Love Boat. Someone asked a question none of us could answer, so I went online. I put in www dot theloveboat dot com and got something that could've gotten me fired if the wrong person saw it on my terminal. Well, that site is no longer there, and now that address gives you a cruise line, so this post isn't as clever as I wanted it to be. What can I say?

No comments:

You Aren't Forgotten